- Develop and bring up proof-of-concept analysis and measurement setups for automotive networking architectures
- Gather requirements and prepare proof-of-concept systems for detailed analysis
- Use lab equipment to measure relevant system and product metrics
- Hardware/Software integration:
- Integration of hardware and software into proof-of-concept system setups for measurements and analysis
- Modify the system when needed for dedicated investigations and test scenarios
- Microcontroller and Linux-based microprocessor software development:
- Compilation of source code using among others GNU tools, cmake, Yocto-based Automotive Linux BSP build system, S32 Design Studio
- Debugging, tracing, analysis and testing using among other GNU tools, JTAG debuggers and trace equipment;
- Linux kernel and driver enhancements
The company provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 35 countries, over 45.000 employees and a revenue of over $10 billion. .
Business Unit Description
The R&D team is responsible for the identification, exploration and development of system innovations for the company's Automotive application areas like Automotive networking architecture, Vehicle to Vehicle and Infrastructure communication, Radar systems, and ADAS.
- BSc or MSc in a technical specialism, like Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Hardware and Software Engineering
- Deep knowledge of C, C++ and Python languages, libraries and design patterns
- Knowledge of embedded microprocessors and microcontrollers (ARM/PowerPC)
- Hands-on experience working with cross-compilation toolchains for ARM, IDEs and SDKs
- Experience with setting up measurement and analysis setups using various lab equipment, such as traffic generators and traffic/logic analyzers
- Knowledge of build systems (cmake, Yocto, buildroot, etc.)
- Knowledge of GNU/Linux, kernel and (networking) driver software development
- Knowledge of RTOS APIs and principles, such as scheduling and memory management
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal /written).
- Experience in working in/with multi-site and multi-cultural projects/teams.
You might also have:
- Hands-on experience with Automotive Ethernet and/or Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN)
- Hands-on experience with Service-oriented Architectures (SoA) and supportive middleware, such as ROS, DDS or AUTOSAR SOME/IP
- Familiarity with semiconductor/automotive field