- Contribute to the SW architecture and functionalities of Factory Automation tools, such as a Data Collection & Analysis tool (connected to >3500 machines) and a Scheduling tool (for scheduling orders on these 3500 machines).
- Participate in the Smart Manufacturing group to increase the company production output (OEE) for example via machine learning and AI
- Hands-on development of object-oriented software, with focus on fast handling of big data with many different data structures.
- Joining the related Agile scrum and technical meetings. Participate in document and code reviews.
The company is an industry leading supplier of Discrete, Logic and PowerMOS semiconductors focused on the automotive, industrial, computing, consumer and wearable application markets.
It focus remains on efficiency, producing consistently reliable semiconductor components at high volume: 85 billion annually. Its extensive portfolio meets the stringent standards set by the Automotive industry. And industry-leading small packages, produced in its own manufacturing facilities, combine power and thermal efficiency with best-in-class quality levels. Built on over half a century of expertise, it has 11,000 employees across Asia, Europe and the U.S. supporting customers globally.
The engineering organization (E&A), located in Nijmegen, is the in-house back-end equipment developer and supplier for die bonding, wire bonding, molding and test equipment. The company is currently looking for a consultant as Mechatronics Design Engineer.
- Master degree in a relevant study: Applied Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or comparable
- 5+ years’ experience in Software engineering (using any object-oriented program language)
- Proven analytical skills
- Additional experiences in one or more of the following domains are an advantage
o Operation research
o Big data handling
o Machine learning and/or AI
o Statistical interest
o Test driven coding
- A team player with good analytical skills and hands-on mentality
- Ability to work agile environment
- Willing to travel occasionally to the company customers in the Far East