As a Teamleader you are responsible for the further development of the department and coaching the employees. You manage the daily operations within the department, hereby you monitor the planning, organise enough capacity with the right quality. You communicate and inform the internal customers regarding progress and any bottlenecks.
In this function you realise together with your colleagues from related departments a continuous improvement of the organization, the processes and results. One of the main points of attention now is improving the lead time of products in the factory and the reliability of delivery.
You report to the Operations Manager and you are part of the Operational Management Team. You work at the location in Helmond.
Tasks and responsibilities among others:
- Considering the skills of the team members, you divide the work in such a way that it is carried out in a cost-efficient manner, with high quality and in accordance with the requirements of the customer;
- You are responsible for the development and training of the team members and directing to development and continuous learning from all the team members in the field;
- Adhering and realising of prepared planning; flexibility within the organization of the department;
- Preserving of product- and process quality; initiate and follow-up improvement actions;
- Reaching the set KPI’s and reporting on this;
- Timely reporting and escalation if necessary; agreeing on forecast / final planning with department managers / product managers;
- Monitoring compliance with regulations and procedures in the areas of quality, health, safety and environment;
- Meet with colleagues and department managers about the weekly plan, product quality and progress of the work and about matters that require special attention, inside and outside the department;
- Discuss the planning and priorities with the Planner; discuss short- and long-term vision, policy, action, work status and process improvement with the Operations Manager
It concerns (for the time being) a temporary function for 1 year. It is possible that this function will be extended.
The Launchteam is responsible for the time-to-market of products. The department operates in the triangle between our high-tech customers, production and products. Dealing with market demand for specific products to models and drivers that enable operations to produce and measure these things is the department’s primary goal.
The Launchteam (+/- 14 fte) prepares, organizes and coordinates all the activities which are necessary for an efficient implementation of products in the production. The team consists of programmers for 3D measuring machines, CNC milling machines and lathes and product engineers.
- Knowledge at Bachelor level and preferably a technical education (Mechanical Engineering);
- Managerial experience in a production environment;
- Experience in coordinating projects;
- Good command of the English language;
- Knowledge of 3D measurement techniques, CAD and CNC software is an advantage;
- You are a people manager, analytical, convincing, decisive and involved and pragmatic.