Modis is currently looking for a Network Security Engineer for one of our international clients! Our preferred candidate speaks fluent English and has around 5+ years’ experience within a similar role and an Agile environment. The client location is based in Hengelo. There lies an opportunity to be taking over by the client eventually (‘DETAVAST Construction’).
As a Network Security Engineer, your job is varied. You work on the maintenance and further development of our secure IT Infrastructure. The Network Security Engineer is part of the Network squad and works closely with other colleagues within and outside the squad. Your team will be part of the Network tribe of the whole client’s group. Together they’re responsible for: LAN, WAN, Gateways, Filtering and Infrastructure Services. Every day you start together with the team to discuss ongoing tasks during the stand-up and how to align them with each other. Furthermore, the Network Security Engineer main responsibilities are:
- Expert knowledge of networking and security;
- Experience in creating high and low level designs;
- Experience in developing a business case to support infrastructure projects;
- Knowledge of Next Generation firewalls (Checkpoint, Palo Alto);
- Knowledge of Network, VPN and proxy technologies (Cisco, Bluecoat, F5);
- Knowledge of Network access control and monitoring (Aruba clearpass);
- Knowledge of Web Application Firewalls;
- Experience with Enterprise Core switching: design, implementation and management;
- Broad experience with other IT components.
Modis is a global consultancy which specializes in IT Engineering and LifeScience.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with Modis, a global consultancy with over 200 clients in the Netherlands. As a Modis consultant you can be assured we take pride in developing your skills and giving you access to cooperate with our global clients. As a global consultancy Modis strives to retain our consultants in order to provide new and exciting opportunities within our local and global community.
Functie-eisenExperience or education you bring in are:
- A technical bachelor or master’s degree (related to Informatics or Computer Systems, Network Engineering);
- Experience within a complex enterprise IT environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- Agile working or is open-minded in adopting new ways of working;
- A strong will to continue to develop yourself, both on a personal and technical level.
- Good collaboration skills to work in a team;
- Applying Expertise and Technology socially customer oriented way;
- Be able to analyze each situation on its own to make the best decision;
- Learning & Researching attitude;
- Planning & Organizing so that each part of the network gets the right attention;
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations;
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives;
- Have a strong vision about a secure IT infrastructure which you are able to communicate properly as well;
- Good communication & listening skills;
- Being resilient and have a strategic mind-set to solve each problem.
You will work hard, but this will off course be rewarded. Therefore we will offer you the following:
- A competitive salary;
- A car which you can use private;
- A paid pension;
- A paid leave of 24 days (when working 40 hours weekly);
- Holiday payment of 8%.