As a system engineer you work in an international multidisciplinary team on the design, development and validation of a command & control system. Your team consists of representatives of the customer, suppliers of subsystems and other parties involved. In the team you are responsible for the technical design. Activities include amongst others:
- Discuss operational needs together with the customer
- Design the architecture of the command & control system
- Define the functional behavior of the system
- Define interfaces between the command & control system and 3rd party subsystems
- Manage technical issues of subcontracts during the development of the Mission Solution
- Demonstrate the solution to the customer
When you join you will have a varied working week. One moment you discuss your solution with the customer, the other you spend defining the interaction between our command & control system and other systems on board of the ship. You frequently meet with your team to learn from each other and to discuss progress.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with Modis, a global consultancy with over 200 clients in the Netherlands. As a Modis consultant you can be assured we take pride in developing your skills and giving you access to cooperate with our global clients. As a global consultancy Modis strives to retain our consultants in order to provide new and exciting opportunities within our local and global community.
About our Client
Our Client is active in the Defense and Security sectors, and is a top provider of high-tech jobs. Product innovation and swift anticipation of the newest technological possibilities are the mainsprings of their business. Examples are radar, communication and command & control systems for naval ships.
Who are you?
Do you recognize yourself in below profile? We would love to receive your application!
- Degree in electrical engineering (Mechatronic, mechanical engineering), computer science, aerospace engineering or similar field
- Generalist, with a broad interest in technology
- Communication skills and able to work in multidisciplinary teams
- High level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism and persuasiveness
- 3-5 years’ experience in system engineering
- Affinity with project management
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Dutch
Nice to have:
- Experience within a high-tech, complex environment
- Experience with motion control
- Experience with architecture/design tools such as UML/EA
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink, C++ programming & Python
- Skills in management tools, such as JAMA or Enterprise Architect
- Dutch and/or German speaking
Are you ready to join us? Apply now by clicking on the apply button!
Want to make it more personal? Send your motivation to Geert Dings (firstname.lastname@example.org).