Here's what you like to do:
- Maintaining and developing data platforms, data flows, information products and other data solutions;
- Continuous improvement of the delivery, availability and performance of data;
- Implementing the roadmap for Analytics & Reporting, in close collaboration with your colleagues and the customer;
- Providing functional and proactive support to the end users;
- Collaborating with various stakeholders, and translating their requirements into future-proof, secure and value-added data solutions.
[Nicolo Vago 19-07-2022 15:18 (GMT +02:00)]
Data Engineer at Modis!
As a Data Engineer, you are responsible for maintaining and developing the local Data & Analytics Platform and the data flows to and from our digital products on behalf of Modis, in line with the customer's strategy.
You focus every day on the smooth running and further automation of the data operation, the maintenance and industrialization of models and the development of existing or new information products. You do this together with the rest of the team, which consists of Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Analytics & Reporting Specialists. Your practical experience and specialist knowledge make you the right person to continue to build on data-driven working in the organization together with your team and business analysts. In addition, you naturally focus on security, availability, integration and performance.
You will work closely with stakeholders from across the company, the rest of the Analytics & Reporting Solutions team and colleagues within Digital & Technology. You report directly to the Manager Analytics & Reporting Solutions. In terms of content, you can also count on coaching and support from the Senior Data Engineer.
The customer is going through a major transformation, where they will become a data-driven enterprise. Your specialist knowledge, your experience with complexity and your solution orientation make you the ideal person to continue to build technically on this data-driven future.
Where do you end up?
Within the customer, you will be part of the Digital & Technology department, a team consisting of 40 passionate professionals. Together with the rest of the Analytics & Reporting sub-team, you have the mission to make the customer's organization data-driven. Your workplace is located in the center of Leiden, opposite the Central Station. This brand new office is easily accessible by public transport, for example from Utrecht, Rotterdam, Amsterdam and The Hague.
Are you the Data Engineer we are looking for:
Solution-oriented, analytical, proactive, independent, communicative. These are keywords that describe you. But if you really want to succeed in the role, you have the following qualifications:
- A completed WO/Master's degree preferably in computer science, statistics, mathematics, artificial intelligence, physics or similar technical discipline;
- At least 4 years of work experience in a similar role as a Data Engineer where you have gained experience with complex data sets, tools and components within the data architecture, and coordinated them with business requirements;
- Hands-on experience with Solution Architecture for Analytics & Reporting solutions (data warehousing, data lakes, ...) is an advantage;
- Relevant knowledge of the Azure stack (i.e. DevOps, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Synapse, Synapse Spark pools, Databricks, Azure ML and Power BI);
- Relevant knowledge of Agile/SCRUM and DevOps;
What do we have to offer?
Assignment of 32 to 40 hours per week for at least half a year;
An international working environment;
A modern working environment in the centre of Leiden where we work together with passion and pride;
A competitive salary;
A public transport card or a lease car that you can also use privately (with a company fuel card !);
A pension scheme;
Holiday pay 8%;
24 days of leave, which can be extended to 36 days;
A talent manager for your personal development;
Other secondary employment conditions (think of annual bonus, discount on your health insurance and much more!).
Modis is a global consultancy which specializes in IT, Engineering and LifeScience. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with Modis, a global consultancy with over 200 clients in the Netherlands. As a Modis consultant you can be assured we take pride in developing your skills and giving you access to cooperate with our global clients. As a global consultancy Modis strives to retain our consultants in order to provide new and exciting opportunities within our local and global community.