You will make a significant contribution to the development and optimization of the R&D Procurement strategy and vision, particularly for contract management and issues. This position will also develop contract templates and processes to ensure consistency and efficiency in the development, delivery, and execution of contracts. Ensures that appropriate measures are in place to minimize negative impact due to delayed processes and ineffective agreements.
You will ensure that the contracts are in compliance with the company’s legal and compliance policies and be responsible for developing and the review of contract language for assigned contracts, including but not limited to Health Care Professional (HCP) consulting, confidentiality agreements, vendor and research institution agreements, Investigator Sponsored Research and Master Services Agreements.
Specific responsibilities include
- Review of legal terms and conditions of various agreements and providing first line support for Medical and Development functional groups on legal matters as it relates to contracts.
- Related to contract negotiation: drafting, analysing, reviewing and negotiating a variety of research related contracts.
- Proactively communicating and providing training on contractual related updates, modifications, issues, etc. to the global management, team members and stakeholders.
- Responsible for the increasing and maintaining of legal knowledge and awareness with the global R&D Procurement team.
- Process and Template Development and Maintenance in collaboration with the R&D Procurement Leadership Team and Legal, to improve and refine contracting operations including evaluation of potential process and template/ playbook issues and /or areas for optimization, and suggests and drafts modifications
- Representing R&D Procurement on various committees and work streams to support contract process and template/ playbook improvements and refinements.
Our client is an international pharmaceutical company with two sites in the Netherlands. The Leiden site is mainly responsible for Pharmacovigilance, Regulatory and Medical activities.
As a Senior Contracts Manager you be part of an international team that is responsible for reviewing and negotiating contracts, consultation and advising regarding these contracts related to drug development in early stage (phase I-III) and late stage. The group is divided in 3 teams; 1 team in the US responsible for procurement (early stage), a team in UK/US/NL/LP (late stage), and a supporting team in US.
Functie-eisenWe are looking for candidates with the following skill set:
- Must have a BS or a BA degree in business law or healthcare law or related field with a minimum 7 years of experience with global contract negotiation, (financial) analysis and interpretation
- Relational understanding of the critical path of drug development process
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated and proven experience leading individuals and/or teams in the delivery of results.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Complete fluency reading and writing in the English language
Furthermore you have a strong attention to detail , are able to work in a matrix environment. You are well capable of organizing your work properly but we do expect flexibility. Since you will be working in an international setting you are expected to show the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of unfamiliar fields of law in a global setting.
Employment for 32 – 40 (preferred) hours per week starting at an innovative company. You will be working at a multidisciplinary team of Life Science professionals. You get the opportunity to develop your professional skills. Modis continues to innovate and stimulates new ways of working. In addition to getting a lot of freedom, you also get the necessary responsibilities. This way you are encouraged to continue to develop your ambitions and expertise. In this way we can grow together.
If you wish to receive more information first, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 040 - 7999 010
I want to apply now
Please tell us who you are and what motivates you! Send us your using the application button on this website.