The role is best suited to applicants with 5+ years Network Engineering Experience.
The Objective of the role:
The NET Team is responsible for all LAN & WAN infrastructure and Network IT Security Systems. It faces sustained high levels of workload due to a number of complex projects requiring LAN and/or WAN connectivity, activities aiming at the timely replacement of obsolete hence unsupported IT equipment.You will be required to develop and maintain post-ops analysis and other business dashboards.
In addition, the drastic increase of home-users in 2020 has resulted in a number of technical and organisational measures to assure full access to all necessary on-site resources from any remote location without any compromise to security.
All Senior NET Engineer(s) will typically perform following key tasks:
- Identify malfunctioning hardware and/or software for the purpose of implementing necessary corrective actions, resolving technical problems and provide ongoing support to the end-users of the operational MADAP networks and non-operational OFFICE network
- Perform primary network system administration on network and IT Network Security equipment
- Assist in the design, development, configuration, installation and maintenance of network systems
- Conduct analyses and testing of network systems for the purpose of documenting findings and ensuring efficiency
- Create utilities for the purpose of automating repetitive and daily routines
- Implement new network operating systems and application software for the purpose of ensuring compliance with licensing, patches and updates according vendor and/or IT security guidelines
- Monitor LAN/WAN Infrastructure for the purpose of measuring performance and/or ensuring the secure and reliable operation of all MADAP networks and its Network Security Infrastructure.
- Drafting of TE2 documentation, e.g. Build state documents, Test documentation, Version documentation, Baseline Documentation in accordance with the Maastricht Management System
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the NET Team
Modis have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer, the successful applicant will be seconded to our air traffic control client located near Maastricht.
Please note, only applicants from an EU member state can be considered.
Modis is a specialised IT & Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing consultants to our key partners in The Netherlands. Currently we are recruiting a Senior Network Engineer for our air traffic control client located in Maastricht. This opportunity is initially for 1 year but planned for 4 years after at this particular client. Following this project your employment with Modis could progress for many years based on our client portfolio.
- Bachelor degree in engineering (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications) or equivalent
- Cisco CCNP Accredited
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in networking and IT security technology: practical experience in network troubleshooting is essential on network equipment together with experience in the field of hardware installation, system integration, testing and servicing activities.
- Practical Experience with following brands: CISCO, CHECKPOINT, FORTINET, optionally GIGAMON
- Detailed knowledge of data communication protocols (TCP/IP,DNS, HTTP/S, FTP...), Routing, Switching, proven by minimum 2 practical cases as an example.
- Knowledge of Quality of Service and experience designing/implementing QoS in an enterprise environment proven by minimum 1 practical cases as an example.
- Familiar with network management tools and SIEM. (e.g. Zenoss, CA Spectrum & Splunk)
- Familiar with design concepts in LAN/WAN design.
- Experience in a project environment, quality/security standards, configuration management & tools
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools Word, Excel, Visio.
- Ability to draft clear and concise technical papers in English.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS)
- Autonomous, investigative, mature, social, patient
- Desire to work in a multi-cultural team
- Good team worker, positive and open minded, committed to getting a job done
- Hands-on approach.