Reports to the Dry Etch section manager. Supports manufacturing and Process sustaining and Enhancement (PSE). As Equipment Engineer you are responsible for wafer processing equipment performance with special focus on the more complex problems. Besides problem analyzing and solving you will actively develop and introduce equipment and process improvements on product quality, throughput, scrap-reduction, cost savings and reduction of repeaters.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible to maintain and continuously improve your equipment (LAM systems), that meets the safety and quality requirements of our client and comply with the applicable standards. Validation is also done on the shop floor.
- Proactively connects with Manufacturing and transfers improvement ideas concerning structural technical problems, material quality issues and bottlenecks into improvement actions, involve other sections and departments if applicable and drive these actions until successful implementation.
- Use technical knowledge and experience to contribute in improvement projects.
- Define the required quantity and secure the availability of production tools, initiate upgrades, support maintenance actions and solve safety issues.
- Coordinates quality related escalations to customers and support Manufacturing in securing production progress.
Do you get your energy out of complex troubleshooting and working on high tech equipment? Can you handle the demands to maximize the uptime of your tools? Are you that team player who helps bring your colleges to a higher level? We might be looking for you!
Our client provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 35 countries, over 45.000 employees and a revenue of over $10 billion.
This is the largest 8“integrated circuits wafers fab in Europe. It is a high-tech environment with many multi discipline challenges, housing over 450 manufacturing tools (ASML, ASM/TEL, Applied Materials, LAM) and 150 measurement tools (inline inspections, end of inline testing).
Supports the Equipment and Process Engineering (EPE) organization by maintaining, initiating and implementing technical improvements and supporting the manufacturing organization.
BSc. or MSc. level in Mechatronics, Electronics, Physics, Mechanical engineering, Automotive engineering, or other relevant technical area.
- Languages: Dutch and English.
- Knowledge of complex production processes, preferably in a high-tech environment.
- Experience (hands-on) in sustaining equipment and structured trouble shooting (e.g. 8d methodology)
- Experience with improving equipment robustness and optimizing equipment productivity
- Experience working with semiconductor equipment
- Experience with (LAM) equipment running plasma processes (dry etching),
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, process optimization, statistical process control, FMEA and Quality Management Systems (preferred).
- Raising the bar; analytical, pragmatic, pro-active and customer oriented.
- Engaging curiosity; self-assured and able to engage and convince people, also at higher management levels.
- Takes initiative; shows ownership, hands on mentality, able to take the lead
- Working together; is a reliable team player, listens to and absorbs other ideas and opinions. Good social/communication skills on different levels.
- Developing deep core competences; is a quick learner, able to prioritize and operate independently and adapt to changing circumstances focusing on quality and continuous improvement.
If you have any questions or to apply for this role, don't hesitate and please contact Kerry Barclay, e-mail: email@example.com