Within the group Failure Analysis in Nijmegen we are looking for a Failure Analysis engineer.
The Failure Analysis Engineer is responsible for performing electrical and physical failure analysis on wafer yield issues (pcm or e-sort yield loss) from our client's on-site front-end manufacturing fab. You will work in close collaboration with process engineers, process integration engineers and test & product engineers in order to correlate the electrical parameters to front-end modules and process steps through electrical and physical failure analysis.
You will electrically characterize test structures or products, perform electrical fault localization through PEM, Obirch, EBAC, micro or nanoprobing etc and perform physical fault localization through a range of techniques like reverse engineering, SEM, FIB, TEM. Most of these techniques will be applied by yourself, for some there are dedicated experts available.
Your root cause analysis will result in the quality improvement of the front-end fab.
Organization / department description:
Within our client's Operations the Product Diagnostic Centers (PDC’s) they provide world class services in Failure Analysis, Material Analysis and Quality Problem Solving and Prevention. PDC takes ownership on quality aspects in the whole chain from technology development and product design through release, safe launch and yield improvement until manufacturing problem solving.
The PDC infrastructure is spread across 4 locations: Nijmegen in Europe, Austin, Chandler in the USA and Tianjin in China.
The PDC organization focuses on product introduction, yield improvement, problem solving and competence & capability development.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Physics / Electronics
- Knowledge and experience with relevant electrical and physical fault localization tools
- Prior experience in wafer processing is a pre.
- Prio experience in Test & Product Engineering is a pre
- Proven team player
- Strong communication and relation-skills with intercultural awareness
- Strong ownership and drive for perfection
- Multidisciplinary and analytical, explorative and open minded
- Ability to work under a strict confidentiality regime.
If you have any questions or to apply for this role, don't hesitate and please contact Kerry Barclay.
Mobile +31 6 53 225 718; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org