Firmware development for Battery Management System ICs
As a firmware application engineer, you are closely involved in the development of new ICs, with focus on application/system level aspects. The development team is a multidisciplinary, multi-cultural team with experts in mixed signal IC design, firmware/algorithm, and validation board design.
Your role will be the development of application software for reference designs for customers. In the system application of the battery management ICs, embedded software is required to determine the battery state at any given time.
You will take the cell characterization data and measurement data to calculate various parameters that describe the battery cell state. These calculations have to be turned into a lean C-program that can run as embedded software on a S32K microcontroller. The program will be used as reference code for customers to show them how to use the measurement data, especially the impedance measurement data. Communication protocol and Automotive safety handling are not part of this assignment.
Our client provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 35 countries, over 45.000 employees and a revenue of over $10 billion.
Within this department, they develop single-cell BMS solutions for Lithium Ion batteries used for automotive application like the electrical cars. The project is run together with the joint venture located in the China. The goal is to serve Chinese and Global market for electrification of vehicles.
The team consists of engineers in China, the Netherlands and India with analog and digital design, verification and validation engineers.
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years working experience in electronics applications;
- Track records in system applications on battery management systems, DCDC converters, SMPS, etc.;
- Experience in measurement techniques, electronic instruments and statistical data analysis;
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment’s for IC evaluation and characterization;
- Experience in firmware/embedded software, programming languages like C/C++, VHDL, operating systems Windows/LINUX;
- Familiar with micro controllers (ARM, FSL, etc.), knowledge in FPGA programming is pre.
- Strong in communications, capable of working in multi-site/multicultural teams, excellent multicultural awareness.
Next to the technical skills, the following inter-personal skills are equally important:
- Willingness to act in the project team as coach/mentor/trainer for junior analog designers
- Communication skills, especially in English
- Awareness working in a multi-culture environment.
- Travel to Shanghai, minimum 4 times/year, duration 2 weeks each time
- Self-propelled, working independently
Please contact Kerry Barclay: firstname.lastname@example.org