Join their multi-disciplinary project team and be responsible for developing innovative firmware for their equipment and systems. Actively participate in the design, development, implementation and testing phases and contribute to delivering the best and most cost-effective test solutions for their customers.
What you will do:
- Conduct pre-studies (calculations, experiments, measurements) to verify ideas and adjust the global design if necessary.
- Make a list of requirements together with the customer.
- Compile Performance Requirements and verify if the objective is conceptually feasible.
- Set-up a selection of design concepts, program/develop code and in the end bringing it to a global design.
- Be responsible, in your domain, for the execution of the design / build of embedded code, within the project as planned.
- Write and document code and review code from colleagues.
- Support firmware process improvements.
At our client, they qualify every product they make before sending it to the customer. Their team who are developing the semiconductor test equipment and systems have an opening for a Firmware Engineer, FPGA programmer.
What you will need
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree in (Technical) Computer Science or comparable.
- Approximately 5 years of relevant experience in a high-tech environment.
- Experience with design, build and test efficient, high-quality embedded code.
- Experience with VHDL and FPGAs is a pre.
- You have worked with Cortex ARM processors.
- Knowledge of Communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, PCI(e).
- Proven experience with electronic (test) equipment is a pre.
- Experience with automated build systems and it's maintenance.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
Furthermore you are:
- A team player with good analytical skills and hands-on mentality.
- Result oriented, with the ability to drive activities.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Excellent analytical skills with a structured approach to your work.
- Highly self-motivated with a team-oriented attitude.
- Strong in customer focus and service orientation.
- Inter-culturally aware with the ability to work in international teams.
Please contact Kerry Barclay for more information or to apply: +31 (0)653 225 718, firstname.lastname@example.org