We are looking for an Assistant Contracts Officer (Pr) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
General tasks to be performed:
- Assisting one or more ESA Contracts Officers in the following tasks:
- Prepare requests for offers/invitations to tender;
- Participate in the evaluation of offers and tenders;
- Prepare and negotiate the resulting contracts;
- Participate in the monitoring of the execution of the contracts;
- Deal with administrative, contractual, legal and industrial problems arising from the procurements concerned;
- For the specific support concerning the sale of equipment, satellite systems products and services to third parties (“external services”) the tasks are as follows:
- Handling requests for quotation from external customers (third parties);
- Preparing respective approval requests;
- Submitting proposals to external customers;
- Negotiating and writing contracts with these customers
- Follow-up executions and administration
Modis Aerospace is a specialized Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing aerospace Engineers to our key partners in The Netherlands. Modis is a long-standing business partner of the European Space Agency (ESA), with more than 120 employees recruited from across Europe currently supporting ESA’s activities.
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries. The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) is the largest site and the technical heart of ESA. This nursery of European space activities is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands.
At ESTEC, about 2500 engineers, technicians and scientists work hands-on with mission design, spacecraft and space technology.
Almost all ESA projects - except launchers - are managed from ESTEC. In Noordwijk, people work on science missions, manned space missions, Earth observation, telecommunications and navigation satellites.
ESTEC provides extensive testing facilities to verify the proper operation of spacecraft, such as the Large Space Simulator (LSS), acoustic and electromagnetic testing bays, multi-axis vibration tables and the ESA Propulsion Laboratory (EPL).
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Higher professional education (Bachelor level) in preferably law. Education in economics and/or management/ business administration can be considered with strong matching work experience.
- The holder must have a talent for the formulation of contractual/legal documents and for negotiations.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in contract matters gained either in industry, law firms, or public administration is required.
- The holder shall be operational with Microsoft Office software tools. Knowledge of other systems like Lotus Notes and SAP is a requirement.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these two languages is required together with a working knowledge of the other language. The knowledge of another member state language is an asset.
Please send your CV to email@example.com before 29/05/2020