We are looking for a Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer (E3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
Provide support to the Agency projects and programs in the area of security, including:
- System security analysis, design and associated tools: covering all aspects related to the analysis and design of the security of the end to end system, including concepts, architecture, ground, space and hybrid ground/space systems and sub-systems, methodologies, standards and all associated tools for simulations and analysis. System security requirements definition and implementation, vulnerability and threat assessment, security engineering process lifecycle;
- Security technology, techniques design, and prototyping: covering all technologies related to the implementation of security, InfoSEC, COMSEC, CyberSec, Appsec engineering;
- Security accreditation and certification methodologies and processes. Security requirements derivation, design, implementation and verification from an accreditation perspective. Project Risk analysis and assessment, supporting toolsets, accreditation processes and methodologies, security standards;
- Specific RF security technologies, e.g. telecom security techniques and technologies, secure TT&C and PDT links, radio navigation security technology, RF system security etc.
- Provide support to projects for the implementation of security inside the systems, perform/support end to end security engineering, follow up security elements requirements derivation, design, implementation and verification;
- Provide support to project Infosec/Cyber security and accreditation engineering, such as:
o To perform/support project security risk analysis, vulnerability assessment during the life cycle of the project;
o To define specific project security, certification and accreditation security requirements (HL SSRS /SISRS/Secops);
- Provide support to projects and TEC for the implementation of the security directives policy, roles and functions (PSSO, etc.) such as to:
o Support and act as competent PSSO/ISO/SOZ5 and other security roles as for the ESA Security Regulation;
- Support awareness and training campaign on security process/policies and procedures;
- Contribute to the Agency's R&D strategy and research programs elaboration and implementation;
- Support to standardisation bodies in the field of competence.
Modis Aerospace is a specialized Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing aerospace Engineers to our key partners in The Netherlands. Modis is a long-standing business partner of the European Space Agency (ESA), with more than 120 employees recruited from across Europe currently supporting ESA’s activities.
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries. The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) is the largest site and the technical heart of ESA. This nursery of European space activities is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands.
At ESTEC, about 2500 engineers, technicians and scientists work hands-on with mission design, spacecraft and space technology.
Almost all ESA projects - except launchers - are managed from ESTEC. In Noordwijk, people work on science missions, manned space missions, Earth observation, telecommunications and navigation satellites.
ESTEC provides extensive testing facilities to verify the proper operation of spacecraft, such as the Large Space Simulator (LSS), acoustic and electromagnetic testing bays, multi-axis vibration tables and the ESA Propulsion Laboratory (EPL).
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in these fields.
- Specific knowledge in the security engineering.
- Knowledge of space and ground systems architecture.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 28/09/2020