On behalf of the European Space Agency we are recruiting a Component Engineer (E3) to join our Modis Aerospace team in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
Whithin the Requirements & Standards Section, Reliability & Quality Division, Product Assurance & Safety Department, Directorate of Technology, Engineering & Quality. The Section provides engineering and administrative support to the Agency's European Cooperation for Space Standardisation (ECSS standardisation activities and its European Space Components Coordination (ESCC) components standardisation and qualification programme. The section is responsible to provided ESCC secretariat functions, managing the ESCC specifications system for space components, qualifying and certifying components and manufacturers, publishing the ESCC Qualified Parts List (QPL), Qualified Manufacturers List (QML) and Process Capability Approval (PCA), performing associated quality assurance activities including audits of manufacturers and nonconformance follow-up
managing the European Preferred Parts List (EPPL) and its publication, managing ESCIES.org, spacecomponents.org and supported web tools.
The incumbent will provide expertise, at least in one (or more) of the following field:
- Passive Components, Discrete Semiconductors for RF and non-RF, Complex Microcircuits for Digital, Analog, Mixed Signal and Microwave, Hybrid Technology, Micropackaging, Optoelectronics, Reliability of the related technologies, R&D trends and the industrial landscape.
- Supporting the ESCC core executive functions covering the custody and management of the ESCC (European Space Components Coordination).
- Provide expert engineering support to the ESCC standardisation and qualification programme;
- Support studies in the area of components standardisation;
- Supporting components evaluation and qualification programmes, non-conformance and failure investigations;
- Assessing existing and novel standards associated with component technologies for future space applications;
- Supporting project-specific activities in the selection, characterisation, verification, approval and application of parts listed in the ESCC QPL/QML/PCA/EPPL;
- Supporting the ESCC working groups, Component Technology Boards and the Space Components Steering Board for all activities related to components standardisation when applicable;
- Monitor Failure and Constructional Analyses tasks at the ESTEC component laboratory;
- Perform components manufacturers Audits.
Modis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Modis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related Specialisation;
- At least 4 years of relevant experience;
- Demonstrated background and experience in EEE component technologies in terms of constituent materials, production technology, test equipment, test tools, test methods and standards (industrial and standardisation bodies), laboratory techniques, laboratory equipment, laboratory work and procedures including common health and safety regulations.
Please send your CV to email@example.com before
[Rob Thijssen 31-08-2021 14:06 (GMT +02:00)]