We are looking for a Configuration Management Engineer (E3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
a) Product Configuration support:
o Analyse and contribute to the specification of relevant processes for Segment and System CI identification, verification and control in support of NAV engineering activities,
o Support implementation and maintain programmatic, contractual and technical Baselines,
o Contribute to the generation of product documents such as Product Tree, CIDL, ABCL, CSAR and CSR (Configuration Status Report),
o Follow-up and document product configuration evolutions from as-contracted, as-designed, as-developed, as delivered, as-deployed, as-installed to as-operated,
o Perform configuration audits, inspections and CI identification,
o Configure, operate, report from and improve CM databases,
b) Project Change Control support:
o Prepare and follow-up as secretary of an entrusted Configuration Control Board (CCB) including improvement of the CCB Terms of Reference,
o Support processing and disposition of CCB documents for review and approval including improvement of the relevant DMPs (Document Management Plan),
o Provide status data and maintaining a well-structured record system for relevant CM processes and transactions,
o Contribute to or maintain entrusted project documentation such as BRN (Baseline Release Note), CISL, DRL and DRDs where requested,
o Support preparation formal CM requirements for inclusion in industrial contracts.
c) Review support:
o Support technical and non-technical project reviews by managing the relevant documentation in tools and provide product CM expertise,
o Register, distribute and archive documents, as well as provide of reproductions of documents and media,
o Regular review of the status of documents in the different archive and storage locations and align this information in the Documentation and Configuration Management System database.
o Generate and maintain the documentation and configuration tracking lists,
o Support the management of the User Account List to the Directorate‘s servers and services,
d) Documentation Handling and other support tasks:
o Support users for entering and retrieving documents from various Documentation and Configuration Management related server systems (internally and externally),
o Liaise with industrial partner’s CADM officers and documentalists for exchanging data and resolving documentation and configuration related issues,
o Support to analysis of CM related KPIs for internal and external activities including monitoring of application and maturity of configuration control methods, procedures and standards including identification of improvements,
o Support to the Directorate Document & Records Officer (DDRO) in discharging relevant functions.
Modis Aerospace is a specialized Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing aerospace Engineers to our key partners in The Netherlands. Modis is a long-standing business partner of the European Space Agency (ESA), with more than 120 employees recruited from across Europe currently supporting ESA’s activities.
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries. The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) is the largest site and the technical heart of ESA. This nursery of European space activities is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands.
At ESTEC, about 2500 engineers, technicians and scientists work hands-on with mission design, spacecraft and space technology.
Almost all ESA projects - except launchers - are managed from ESTEC. In Noordwijk, people work on science missions, manned space missions, Earth observation, telecommunications and navigation satellites.
ESTEC provides extensive testing facilities to verify the proper operation of spacecraft, such as the Large Space Simulator (LSS), acoustic and electromagnetic testing bays, multi-axis vibration tables and the ESA Propulsion Laboratory (EPL).
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Master in Engineering or equivalent university degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies,
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in Configuration Management,
- High level of autonomy and pro-activeness,
- Excellent communication skills and professional maturity that is required to carry out complex tasks and high level of responsibility,
- Very good working knowledge of spoken and written English,
- Eligibility to national personal security clearance relevant to ESA NAV programmes,
- Availability for occasional duty travel.
- Office productivity: PC (desktop, laptops), mainly in a MS Windows based application environment such as Office 365, in particular good knowledge in MS Excel,
- Expertise in applying and configuring at least one PLM, asset management or CM process relevant tool such as Windchill, Jira, SAP, Eclipse, Hardcat, WAND, ClearCase/ClearQuest,
- Expertise in applying at least two CM process relevant standards such as ECSS-M-ST-40C, NASA IVV-10, CM-II-100, ITIL, SAE EIA-649, DOD-STD, MIL-STD, ISO 10007, IEEE Std-828, SEI-CMMI,
- Knowledge of industrial product data representation such as ISO 10303.
Please send your CV to email@example.com before 17/06/2020