We are looking for a Cost Engineer (E3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands. This is a temporary assignment till the end of 2021.
Specific tasks to be performed:
- Preparation of cost estimates in support of ESA projects, based on technical, programmatic and procurement information;
- Analyses of industrial contractor estimates and prices;
- Participation to Tender Evaluation Boards and associated cost related panels;
- Participation in ESA project reviews;
- Support to industrial contracts negotiations;
- Cost engineering tasks in Concurrent Design Facility studies.
General tasks to be performed:
- Projects data collection, analysis, normalisation and entry into the existing Cost Engineering database.
- Cost models development. This includes cost, schedule and risk aspects.
- Cost Estimates including schedule and cost risk estimates.
- Accountability records consisting in comparing in a structured manner the external estimates and prices versus the internal estimates.
- Benchmarking and calibrating internal and external cost models.
Those tasks will be performed:
- Using related ESA Corporate or Cost Engineering specific software tools, documentations systems, and databases.
- Interfacing with the relevant actors within the Directorate, with ESA Programme Directorates and with ESA Corporate Services.
Modis Aerospace is a specialized Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing aerospace Engineers to our key partners in The Netherlands. Modis is a long-standing business partner of the European Space Agency (ESA), with more than 120 employees recruited from across Europe currently supporting ESA’s activities.
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries. The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) is the largest site and the technical heart of ESA. This nursery of European space activities is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands.
At ESTEC, about 2500 engineers, technicians and scientists work hands-on with mission design, spacecraft and space technology.
Almost all ESA projects - except launchers - are managed from ESTEC. In Noordwijk, people work on science missions, manned space missions, Earth observation, telecommunications and navigation satellites.
ESTEC provides extensive testing facilities to verify the proper operation of spacecraft, such as the Large Space Simulator (LSS), acoustic and electromagnetic testing bays, multi-axis vibration tables and the ESA Propulsion Laboratory (EPL).
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Master degree in Engineering, preferably related to space.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in cost engineering.
- Ability to readily assimilate input data and providing timely output;
- Ability to work independently and establish good working relations with relevant actors in ESA and Industry;
- Reliability, objectivity, thoroughness and initiative;
- Good communication skills;
- Knowledge of ESA and its programmes and projects is an asset;
- Broad knowledge of current developments in the space industry;
- Basic economics knowledge;
- System engineering skills are a benefit.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10/07/2020