We are looking for a Documentalist (M2) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
- Solar Orbiter: support project closure in DMS and migration to the DCCM; configuration and execution of archival process to the ESA Central Archives
- BepiColombo: final closure of the FTP server and final transfer to the DCCM repository, support the documentation needs of Operations and execution of archival process to the ESA Central Archives;
- ARIEL: manage the handover from the study phase to the development phase, with regard to documentation and configuration of the Project and setup and maintain the entire document management structure of the project after adoption.
- Creation and implementation of a template in new projects’ repositories, in line with the SCI DMP.
- Gathering of deliverable documents from the Project Industrial Consortium, Principal Investigators, Technical Officers and in-house experts.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of documents (e.g. registration, update, review and approval cycle, filing, distribution and archiving) and provide support for documentation handovers, from Future Missions to Projects, to Operations, in line with the defined process.
- Support to migration activities from a document management system to another (e.g. testing metadata and checking transferred content in line with the dedicated procedure).
- Monitor and maintain the content of the exchange servers (e.g. FTP) in line with the requirements and adopted guideline (e.g. periodical cleaning and final closure of the dedicated area when exchange activities come to an end).
- Update and maintain the project/area DMPs, in a centralised way, recording any deviation from the SCI DMP, agreed with the Science Configuration Officer or the DIRO (Directorate Information and Records officer).
- Ensure incoming and outgoing information/documentation conforms to applicable processes, procedures and working practices.
- Assist and support in the definition of the SCI record management and archiving processes and procedures.
- Perform the implementation of the archiving process that will include at least the identification of the records, their inventory and transfer/disposal.
- Handling confidential and export controlled information (e.g. ITAR) and access rights of users with respect to these deliverables.
- Provide assistance in documentation handling to the Project Scientific Institutes / Principal Scientists Teams and supporting users in retrieving documents from sources like Eclipse, FTPs…
- Acting as a point of contact for all the Project interfaces for documentation tools.
- Support to enhancements of the document management system and concepts, and of future improvements.
- Provision of support to the Project Control and Product Assurance Sections in the processing of RfDs, RfWs, DCRs, DCNs, CCNs, keeping track of them and providing overviews.
General tasks to be performed:
The task covers the operations, maintenance and evolutions of the Documentation Management System (DMS), including processes, processes and the use of supporting electronic documentation management tool, for a given project/programme or organisational unit. It includes the following typical duties:
- Regular review of the status of documents in the different archives and where appropriate register this information in the DMS database.
- Document registration, distribution and archiving, as well as provision of reproduction services.
- Process configuration controlled document changes and of official papers relevant to the activities of the unit.
- Supporting users for retrieving documents from local DMS, DMS’s from external partners and/or industry, out of paper archives, other sources like ESTEC library, scanned documents on CD-ROM or via Internet, etc.
- Provision of paper copies of electronic documents on request, creation of electronic versions of documents.
- Management of original files.
- Related support to project reviews.
- Support to enhancements of the document management concepts and of future improvements.
Modis Aerospace is a specialized Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing aerospace Engineers to our key partners in The Netherlands. Modis is a long-standing business partner of the European Space Agency (ESA), with more than 120 employees recruited from across Europe currently supporting ESA’s activities.
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries. The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) is the largest site and the technical heart of ESA. This nursery of European space activities is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands.
At ESTEC, about 2500 engineers, technicians and scientists work hands-on with mission design, spacecraft and space technology.
Almost all ESA projects - except launchers - are managed from ESTEC. In Noordwijk, people work on science missions, manned space missions, Earth observation, telecommunications and navigation satellites.
ESTEC provides extensive testing facilities to verify the proper operation of spacecraft, such as the Large Space Simulator (LSS), acoustic and electromagnetic testing bays, multi-axis vibration tables and the ESA Propulsion Laboratory (EPL).
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant), with typically 4 years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience in document management activities and thorough knowledge of document management processes.
- The candidate shall have experience in all the implementative phases of a mission, composed by multiple international interfaces; such experience in a Scientific mission is a definite asset.
- Experience in the documentation management matters for launch campaign.
- Clearance to handle export controlled documentation (e.g. ITAR) and have sound experience in handling confidential and export controlled documentation.
- Highly organised, with attention to details and be able to efficiently work under pressure and stringent schedule.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, have distinctive customer focus and be a strong team player.
The following competences would be considered additional assets:
- A general knowledge of the Science projects lifecycle and structure.
- Proficiency level in French or other European languages.
- A general knowledge of the relevant ECSS standards.
- Familiarity with the archiving standards (e.g. ISAD-G and Dublin Core).
Please send your CV to email@example.com before 10/06/2020