We are looking for a Documentalist (M2) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands. This is (initially) a temporary assignment from September 2022 till 15th of March 2023.
Specific tasks to be performed:
- Solid understanding of handling formal communication, within the complex institutional and commercial environment of ESA, EU and industrial partners and should be able to analyse the importance/status of the documentation , classify it accordingly and provide related support on the range of issues addressed.
Reporting directly to the Director and the Management Team, and with a high degree of autonomy, the post holder’s responsibilities will include:
- Operate, maintain the Directorate relevant DMS (sharepoint, eclipse etc ) for informal and official documentation for senior management with internal and external relations including C-level executives-– where applicable set-up an archive of original documents.
- Process configuration controlled document changes of official papers relevant to the activities of the Directorate.
- Draft documentation and correspondence, consolidate inputs to monthly reports following internal procedure with regard to the registration, distribution and filing of documents.
- Act as secretary to the TIA Management meetings per Department (TMM, AMM, PMM) and the Open session (TIA MM open).
For the open session:
o Prepare and send out the agenda, arrange the logistics
o Write, register, store and distribute the minutes. o Establish, maintain and follow-up Action Item list
- Consolidate and support validation of senior management inputs to corporate communication and relevant publications, coordinate interview requests, etc.
- With a special attention to the development of communication with management interacting with external stakeholders, maintain and develop a DMS/CRM.
- Support organisation of internal and external events in particular events with C-level executives
- Prepare and manage the logistic event planning of events such as the TIA yearly seminar
- Coordinate participation to main conferences
General tasks to be performed:
The task covers the operations, maintenance and evolutions of the Documentation Management System (DMS), including processes, processes and the use of supporting electronic documentation management tool, for a given project/programme or
organisational unit. It includes the following typical duties:
- Regular review of the status of documents in the different archives and where appropriate register this information in the DMS database.
- Document registration, distribution and archiving, as well as provision of reproduction services.
- Process configuration controlled document changes and of official papers relevant to the activities of the unit.
- Supporting users for retrieving documents from local DMS, DMS’s from external partners and/or industry, out of paper archives, other sources like ESTEC library, scanned documents on CD-ROM or via Internet, etc.
- Provision of paper copies of electronic documents on request, creation of electronic versions of documents.
- Management of original files.
- Related support to project reviews.
- Support to enhancements of the document management concepts and of future improvements.
The above tasks must be implemented in line with applicable configuration management processes and standards and in close collaboration with relevant CM authority.
Modis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Modis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant), with relevant experience
- The post holder should have a broad knowledge to navigate around and understand formal communication and be able to analyse a range of issues within the complex institutional environments of ESA, EU and the relevant industrial landscape.
- Experience in documentation management and in the field of communication.
- A good sense of organisation.
- Excellent command of English especially written. Knowledge of other main European languages is an asset.
- Interest and good understanding of ESA Programmes and related activities, knowledge and experience in the field of telecommunication and experience with liaising with C-level executives would be a distinct advantage.
- Be capable to execute activities with a high degree of autonomy,
- Deliver qualitative output under time pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as tact and discretion are required.
- Proficiency in the use of the Agency’s information systems and tools is an asset.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25/08/2022