We are looking for a Galileo Project System Engineer (E3) to join our Akkodis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
General tasks to be performed:
This position covers system engineering tasks provided in support to the Galileo Project Management team, namely in the areas of Technical schedule control, Technical reviews organization, project risk management, project cost control and procurement.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Galileo system prime schedules, customer-furnished items list and Galileo system design, development and validation plan (technical core planning document).
- Controlling schedules of the industrial technical activities and progress with respect to plans by reviewing progress reports, participating to progress and technical meetings;
- Contributing to the preparation of tender and contract change documents covering technical schedule, risk management, programmatic and financial matters, participating in the evaluation of industrial proposals and contract change documents;
- Participate in the negotiations of industrial proposals for the areas of technical schedule, risk and financial matters;
- Contributing to preparing preliminary change implementation proposals in response to program level technical change requests (from the EC as Program Manager and/or GSA – entity responsible for the Galileo operations) covering financial, risk and technical scheduling aspects;
- Organising and participating in ESA technical reviews of industrial activities involving coordination with external entities such as EC, GSA and other security-related bodies as required;
- Contributing to the project risk management function by identifying and documenting risks, analysing its probability/impact and proposing appropriate mitigation actions;
- Contributing to preparation and analysis of internal/external status reports and plans,
- Interface with industrial primes in support to the Galileo Procurement Managers ensuring industry compliance with established formal requirements for management, costs, technical schedule and risk-reporting;
Akkodis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Akkodis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Physics or Computer science.
- Advanced knowledge on scheduling would be an asset.
- Expert knowledge of S/C system and mission design, incl. system design modelling tools and Concurrent Engineering applied to space mission assessment and design.
- Knowledge of System of Systems (SoS) architecting and related tools (such as System Architect, Focal Point, etc.) and frameworks (e.g. MODAF, TOGAF).
- Knowledge and practice in the application of ESA SE Standards (e.g. ECSS-E-10 series) and SW engineering.
Please send your CV to email@example.com before 06/02/2023