We are looking for an Industrial Cost Analyst Support Officer (M3) to join our Akkodis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands. This is (initially) a temporary cover role until 29th of February 2024.
Industrial Cost Analyst Support in the Industrial Auditing and Return Division, Industrial Policy and Auditing Department, Directorate of Industry, Procurement and Legal Services.
Reporting to the Head of the Industrial Audit Section, this position shall be responsible for general industrial costs analysis and auditing related activities in support of the ESA procurement process.
General tasks to be performed:
- Preparatory analysis and calculation of industrial hourly labour rates and overheads; unit rates (such as facility charges); and other overheads, on the basis of detailed reviews carried out on the company’s costs structure and accounting tools;
- Preparatory analysis and review of direct expenditure on cost reimbursement contracts and/or co-funded contracts including compliance with ESA rules;
- Support on specific financial viability audit/tasks, on the basis of detailed reviews carried out on the company’s financial data;
- Support on specific nationality audit/tasks in order to get/analyse the appropriate documents on the basis of established processes and criteria for nationality attribution;
- Support on specific audit/tasks related to the verification of geographical return data;
- Support on audits carried out in Direct Support to Programs, including a detailed analysis and review of industrial contractual documents;
- Coordination, processing and reporting of timely feedback to initiators making requests through the internal systems (e.g. PARI) on financial matters e.g. currency exchange, price variation formulae, productivity, inflation, hourly rates etc.;
- Support to the preparation / finalization of the auditors handbook;
- Support in the review, optimization and implementation of audit processes and procedures;
- Support with the creation of a database for the bench marking of hourly rates across all Member States;
- Support in the day-to-day audit activities, including preparing concise and accurate documentation (e.g. draft audit reports), analysis of data, collection of information, etc.;
- Support on other audit tasks / projects as requested to the Section;
- In the execution of these duties, the position incumbent will liaise directly with Cost Auditors and will also have contact with Executive/Senior Industry representatives, ESA and Industry Project Management teams, ESA contracts officers, ESA finance & cost engineer functions and auditors of other National Audit Authorities.
Akkodis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Akkodis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Master’s degree, or equivalent qualification in accountancy, audit, finance, economics, or related business studies.
- Up to 4 years of progressive experience of audit in a large accountancy practice and /or relevant commercial audit experience.
- Reactiveness: Seeking opportunities to develop his/her own expertise, being proactive and results/metrics driven.
- Communication: Ability to express ideas verbally and in writing, in a clear, concise and professional manner using appropriate business and technical language.
- Problem solving: Demonstrating strong technical knowledge and having the ability to research issues and discuss conclusions.
- Planning and organization: Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
Please send your CV to email@example.com as soon as possible