We are looking for an Industrial Policy Officer (M3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands. This is an assignment for the period of 2 years.
Supporting the Head of Section for Industrial Policy and Economic Analysis by addressing current entry barriers at the Guyana Space Centre (CSG) for new industrial players with the main objective of improving industrial competition for the CSG’s contracts. The work is done under a mandate from and in close coordination with the Directorate of Space Transportation.
General tasks to be performed:
- Support the development of customised dedicated national methodologies adapted to each Member State in order to encourage and to improve response from European industry and feed the competitive tender processes regularly undertaken by the CSG for the procurement of their activities.
- Support regular dialogue with ESA Delegations (and, if necessary, with other national institutions identified together with the Delegations) to identify industrial competences and companies with potential relevance to the CSG activities, also considering that several domains of CSG contracts are not specific to the space sector.
- Contact/dialogue with the identified industry.
- In addition to the classical Industry informative sessions provided through “CSG Industry Day(s)” organised by CNES and ESA, set up and manage further dedicated information and workshop days in Europe for industries in close cooperation with the CSG and the concerned Delegations to:
o exchange with industry on opportunities at CSG namely presenting the CSG and its facilities,
o describe the extraordinary maintenance and Core Launch Range Renewal (CLRR) expenditures and activities planned, their associated characteristics, required expertise and financial estimations,
o complement the information published on EMITS in the period 2020-2022 and beyond.
These additional events may include Industry informative sessions with groups of ESA Delegations in a first phase.
- Set up and manage a helpdesk to support industry (and in particular the new players) in responding to the CNES/ESA Invitation to Tenders.
- Support networking between the potential new industrial players and the existing industrial ecosystem of suppliers in Guyana.
Modis Aerospace is a specialized Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing aerospace Engineers to our key partners in The Netherlands. Modis is a long-standing business partner of the European Space Agency (ESA), with more than 120 employees recruited from across Europe currently supporting ESA’s activities.
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries. The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) is the largest site and the technical heart of ESA. This nursery of European space activities is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands.
At ESTEC, about 2500 engineers, technicians and scientists work hands-on with mission design, spacecraft and space technology.
Almost all ESA projects - except launchers - are managed from ESTEC. In Noordwijk, people work on science missions, manned space missions, Earth observation, telecommunications and navigation satellites.
ESTEC provides extensive testing facilities to verify the proper operation of spacecraft, such as the Large Space Simulator (LSS), acoustic and electromagnetic testing bays, multi-axis vibration tables and the ESA Propulsion Laboratory (EPL).
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Master Degree (University) in an engineering, business and administration or a relevant field.
- Preferably 4 years of relevant experience.
- Proven ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment is expected.
- French language knowledge (reading and speaking) would be valuable advantage.
- Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is considered an advantage, although it is not mandatory.
Please send your CV to email@example.com before 20/08/2020