We are looking for a Knowledge Management & Data Protection Administrator (M3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
Under the direct authority of the Cost centre Control & Support Services Team Leader, the post holder is assisting the Knowledge Management and Lesson Learned activities of HRE, support the focal point for HRE in Personal Data Protection, and is actively involved in the Knowledge Management and process improvement activities of the HRE directorate.
Moreover, the post holder is contributing to other cross HRE activities such as configuration management, export control and security etc.
Specifically, the main responsibilities will encompass the following activities:
- Support the review and improvement of the Directorate internal processes and methods, (such as drafting QMS process descriptions, preparation of certification audit, supporting QMS awareness sessions);
- Supporting the definition and implementation of a continuous improvement scheme for the Directorate such as lean administrative process and reducing inefficiencies;
- Contributing to Configuration and Document management process (definition and implementation), support to the HRE Configuration management Forum and support to the HRE Record Officer (DIRO);
- Contributing to Security by supporting the HRE ISO and PSSO's function for implementation of ESA Security Directives, supporting the ISMS definition and Project security plans preparation;
- Contributing to the Export control process and to the implementation of export control policies, supporting export control workshops, drafting of guidelines associated with export control implementation;
- Strengthening the project review process by management and the associated reporting procedures (including dashboard reporting, balance scorecard and Key Performance Indicators);
In performing these tasks, the post holder will work in a diverse and international environment liaising closely with the HRE project teams and HRE organisation functions, the ESA KM & LL teams, the DOP, the HRE ISO and PSSOs and IT business partner and IT manager, the HRE Record Officer and any other relevant function related to the duties and responsibilities
General tasks to be performed:
- Developing the Knowledge Management (KM) activities for the Directorate in coordination with the Directorate’s KM & LL POC and according to the ESA policy, the principles of Knowledge management as well as promoting a knowledge-centric organization and a sharing culture with the aim to strengthen innovation for Space and Science in Europe
- Shaping the Lesson learned process, for HRE by supporting the identification, capturing, documentation and validation of lessons and contributing to dissemination and the implementation of and learning from Lessons, facilitating the accessibility to Lessons to HRE and the ESA wider community and preparing events for Lessons sharing;
- Support the end-to-end activities for PDP for the Directorate deriving from the ESA PDP administrative instruction, support ESA DPO, support the drafting contractual requirements in the field of PDP, Preparation of DPNR (Data Protection Notification Record) for each Directorate’s activity, conduction of PDP risk impact assessment, support the Directorate’s processes with sensitive personal data, set-up PDP awareness sessions;
Modis Aerospace is a specialized Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing aerospace Engineers to our key partners in The Netherlands. Modis is a long-standing business partner of the European Space Agency (ESA), with more than 120 employees recruited from across Europe currently supporting ESA’s activities.
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries. The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) is the largest site and the technical heart of ESA. This nursery of European space activities is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands.
At ESTEC, about 2500 engineers, technicians and scientists work hands-on with mission design, spacecraft and space technology.
Almost all ESA projects - except launchers - are managed from ESTEC. In Noordwijk, people work on science missions, manned space missions, Earth observation, telecommunications and navigation satellites.
ESTEC provides extensive testing facilities to verify the proper operation of spacecraft, such as the Large Space Simulator (LSS), acoustic and electromagnetic testing bays, multi-axis vibration tables and the ESA Propulsion Laboratory (EPL).
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Applicants should have a Masters degree (or equivalent) from a recognised Institution in disciplines such as business and administration management, project management, business engineering and process development. An additional Master in a Science field is considered an asset.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience , ie. areas of KM, LL an PDP
- In depth knowledge of relevant technical and legal domains;
- Technical understanding of PDP/GDPR concepts;
- Knowledge of ESA and its programmes/projects is an asset
Please send your CV to email@example.com before 15/07/2020