We are looking for a PA and Safety Support Engineer (E3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
- Supporting the Copernicus Space Segment Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) Manager in all activities related to the execution of the Product Assurance tasks for the Copernicus Programme and particular for the Copernicus Expansion missions (HPCMs);
- Supporting the pre-development activities for the HPCMs from PA point of view by ensuring the achievement of the required technological readiness, in cooperation with the engineering function;
- Support the internal Copernicus coordination for the Materials & Processes tasks (MPCBs) in order to improve effectiveness of the review process with Industry;
- Producing reports on project and review activities, including conclusions and recommendations where necessary, participating in progress meetings when needed and reporting on project PA status.
General tasks to be performed:
Support the ESA PA & Safety Manager for designated project(s) in conducting, monitoring & assessing the implementation of the PA & Safety Programme. This includes support to any or all of the following activities:
- Establishing the PA&S requirements baseline for all elements of the project, in compliance with the ESA general Product Assurance and Safety policy; Produce and implement plans, define inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, coordinate efforts of participants, and produce resulting consolidated inputs.
- Reviewing contractor’s plans, specifications and effort proposed for the execution of the project PA&S programme; Produce reports of review activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed) and conclusions/recommendations.
- Monitoring project & PA status & identify relevant PA issues, including NCR / SPR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items and systematically tracking all items. Produce monthly reports of monitoring activities performed (e.g. inspections, checks, visits, reviews), including conclusions and recommendations.
- Assessing the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors, participating in design and safety reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions; Produce monthly reports with assessment activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed), contribution to design and safety reviews, and activities related to preventive/corrective action.
- Participating in the Boards established within the project for the disposition of Non-conformances / Failure Reviews, Test Reviews, etc.; Produce reports of participation to boards, indicating the contribution made to these boards (e.g. review of agendas, participants, minutes of meeting, action follow up, close-out).
- Guiding and monitoring the application and procurement of EEE parts, materials and processes and controlling implementation of applicable requirements; Produce reports on guidance provided, monitoring activities performed and status of compliance to applicable requirements.
- Monitoring the manufacturing, integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections; Produce report on activities performed with conclusion and recommendations.
- Defining the formal acceptance requirements and conducting the Acceptance Reviews of all contractual deliverable items; Produce and implement plans for the preparation of the formal acceptance requirements, defining steps, inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, and coordinating efforts of participants to produce resulting consolidated inputs to project documents. Produce also reports on the activities performed for conduction of Acceptance Reviews.
- Supporting the organisation & management of the support from all PA disciplines
- Controlling NCR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items. Produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available for the NRB or CCB, check that all needed participants are involved, produce NRB or CCB minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper non-conformance/wavier/problem/critical item close-out. Produce also reports on control activities performed.
- PA for the verification, qualification, acceptance & delivery activities.
- The launch campaign.
- Participating in progress meetings and CCB meetings. Produce inputs to the meeting and whenever requested, produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available, check that all needed participants are involved, produce minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper close-out.
- Participating in all project reviews, including safety reviews. Produce reports on all review activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed), conclusions and recommendations.
- Reporting project PA status (deviations from plan / schedule of all of above).
Modis Aerospace is a specialized Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing aerospace Engineers to our key partners in The Netherlands. Modis is a long-standing business partner of the European Space Agency (ESA), with more than 120 employees recruited from across Europe currently supporting ESA’s activities.
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries. The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) is the largest site and the technical heart of ESA. This nursery of European space activities is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands.
At ESTEC, about 2500 engineers, technicians and scientists work hands-on with mission design, spacecraft and space technology.
Almost all ESA projects - except launchers - are managed from ESTEC. In Noordwijk, people work on science missions, manned space missions, Earth observation, telecommunications and navigation satellites.
ESTEC provides extensive testing facilities to verify the proper operation of spacecraft, such as the Large Space Simulator (LSS), acoustic and electromagnetic testing bays, multi-axis vibration tables and the ESA Propulsion Laboratory (EPL).
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Master degree in Aerospace engineering or a relevant discipline.
- Several years experience in the space sector, including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance;
- Experience in supporting R&D and pre-development activities;
- Solid background in M&P quality would be an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset.
Please send your CV to email@example.com before 26/06/2020