We are looking for a Programme / Project Controller (M3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Tasks to be performed:
The post holder will be responsible for the project control activities of Projects, within the Telecommunications Technologies, Product & Systems Dept (TIA-T), and will report to the Head of Management and Project Control Support Office.
Duties include the preparation and maintenance of overall programmatic aspects of the project, i.e. cost, finance, documentation, progress control and reporting, as well as risk related aspects with the aim to provide full visibility on all aspects related to programme resources.
Specific duties include:
- implementing and operating planning and control procedures to provide full visibility on all activities related to the progress, while ensuring compliance with established requirements for management reporting on cost, schedule, resources and industrial return;
- assisting in the preparation of tender documents or contract change with respect to management, cost and schedule/planning requirements and participating in the evaluation of proposals, preparing information required for subsequent contract negotiations and participating in all tasks related to placing of contracts;
- supporting the implementation and management of industrial contracts, monitoring assigned contracts with respect to cost, progress, invoicing, payments, industrial return, geo return, deviations from plans and trends.
- establishing and maintaining of annual budgets, manpower planning, cost at completion and geo return files;
- monitoring financial commitments for compliance with budgetary provisions and financial regulations;
- administering of manpower, missions and industrial procurements from a financial perspective (using WLMS tool)
- participating to reviews and progress meetings;
- providing required programmatic, workforce and financial data as well as support with analysis of such data as required preparing the regular programmatic and financial reporting to ESA management and national delegations;
- supporting the risk management process
- Implementing and maintaining the tools and the procedures for Project Documentation System
Modis Aerospace is a specialized Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing aerospace Engineers to our key partners in The Netherlands. Modis is a long-standing business partner of the European Space Agency (ESA), with more than 120 employees recruited from across Europe currently supporting ESA’s activities.
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries. The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) is the largest site and the technical heart of ESA. This nursery of European space activities is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands.
At ESTEC, about 2500 engineers, technicians and scientists work hands-on with mission design, spacecraft and space technology.
Almost all ESA projects - except launchers - are managed from ESTEC. In Noordwijk, people work on science missions, manned space missions, Earth observation, telecommunications and navigation satellites.
ESTEC provides extensive testing facilities to verify the proper operation of spacecraft, such as the Large Space Simulator (LSS), acoustic and electromagnetic testing bays, multi-axis vibration tables and the ESA Propulsion Laboratory (EPL).
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Masters in Engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognized Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, together with a project control background and experience in the disciplines related to the tasks under consideration.
- Appropriate skills and specific experience in the following fields:
o Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry;
o Experience in maintaining a Cost at Completion, anticipating and highlighting areas of concern, initiating mitigation actions.
o Experience in preparation of synthetic reports with deviations from plans and trends. This includes Industrial as well as Operational cost;
o Experience with the application of project management and project control principles related to the preparation, negotiation and implementation of industrial procurements;
o Experience with industrial return forecasting and reporting is an asset ;
o Experience in maintenance of a risk register, high level schedule and document configuration control;
o Experience in project review and risk management processes;
o Experience in the analysis of business cases / 3rd party investments is an asset;
- Highly proficient with planning and project control tools (e.g. SAP, MS Excel, MS Project). Familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications (e.g. ESA-P, Eclipse) is an asset;
- Excellent planning and organization skills and attention to detail, good judgment and a pragmatic approach;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and stringent schedule;
- Good sense of contacts and communications, ability to interface at appropriate level with relevant actors within and outside of the Directorate;
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset;
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 29/06/2020