We are looking for an RF Payload System Engineer (E3) to join our Akkodis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
You will be assigned to the Payload Engineering section (TEC-EFP) with the role of “RF PAYLOAD ENGINEER” and will work in
one or more of the following domains:
RF Navigation Payloads
RF Satellite Communication Payloads
Tasks will be:
- Provide support to ESA projects and programmes in the area of navigation payloads and satellite communication payloads,
- Contribute to internal R&D activities for the design, modelling, architectural trade-off and performance assessment of navigation payloads, and/or satellite communication payloads, with main emphasis on payloads based on digital signal processing and active antennas,
- Perform technical management of R&D activities with industry/institutions in the field of advanced payload concepts and sub-systems/equipment development for navigation payloads and satellite communication payloads,
- Contribute to the generation and promotion of innovative ideas for future satellite missions in the field of RF payloads, including the definition of ESA R&D programmes,
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for R&D activities to be performed by industry, from early conceptual studies to full hardware development,
- Carry out computer simulations at system/subsystem level for the assessment of end-to-end payload performance, with particular emphasis on signal quality for navigation and commmunication payloads,
- Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools,
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the RF/Microwave systems technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks
General tasks to be performed:
- Definition, simulation, specification and development of telecom, navigation and RF Remote Sensing Instruments and payloads.
- The related tasks include both R&D activities in preparation of payload / instrument concepts for future satellite missions and the technical support to ESA projects on the areas of telecom and navigation payloads and RF Remote Sensing instruments (i.e. Radar, SAR, altimeters, radiometers, scatterometers).
Akkodis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Akkodis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- University Master’s degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering,
- Good background and several years of working experience on design, development and testing of Radio Frequency Payloads in the domain of Navigation and/or Telecommunications,
- Knowledge and Experience on the following topics are considered an asset:
Navigation Payloads and Satellite Communication Payloads
Radio frequency and microwave payloads architectures and technologies
Digital signal processing techniques and DSP units
- End-to-end payload performance and signal quality analysis, Simulation of communication systems
- Software and simulation tools and programming (Matlab/Simulink, ADS/VSS, C/C++, Python),
- Promoting cooperation and team-working, problem solving
- Profiles with Navigation Payloads and/or satellite Communication Payloads experience preferred
Please send your CV to email@example.com before 14/12/2022