We are looking for a Security Engineer (E3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
You will report to the Head of Section providing support to ESA projects and programs in the field of security; specifically, your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Providing systems security engineering support and expertise transversally to various ESA projects, space missions, and studies, in the field of (cyber) security;
- Contributing to the definition of system security architecture and security requirements for ESA projects/missions;
- Supporting system design reviews on security aspects.
- Acting as a Technical Officer to research and development security activities;
- Participating actively in security assessment activities in a lab environment or as a part of a project;
- Participating in feasibility studies, project reviews and evaluation of procurement proposals in the field of security;
- Contributing to the definition of security technology development requirements and work plans for the Agency’s technology programmes;
- Fostering new security application areas for multidisciplinary activities, placing emphasis on innovative concepts, cutting-edge technologies and system architectures;
- Participating in the follow-up of industrial contracts related to procurement of expertise, technology development, laboratory tools, equipment, etc.
- Conducting security risk assessments and supporting security risk management by proposing suitable security mitigations and countermeasures.
- Monitoring applicable technological trends in the field of security and maintaining state-of-the-art expertise;
- Supporting the engineering, validation and testing of a Security Operations Centre (SOC) / Security Monitoring System;
- Supervising vulnerability assessment / penetration testing activities on ESA projects and programs and analyse their results.
Modis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Modis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- A Master or PhD degree or equivalent in Cyber Security, or Telecommunications Engineering or Computer Engineering or similar with a strong knowledge of Security.
- Knowledge and experience in Systems Security Engineering.
- Very good knowledge of security architectures, network security and communication systems.
- Good knowledge of modern Applied Cryptography.
- Knowledge of Space and Ground systems architecture.
- Very good knowledge of network protocols and standards.
- Knowledge and experience on vulnerability assessment.
- Experience of managing security processes and vulnerabilities and risk assessment.
- Strong personal interest on R&D in the area of security.
- CISSP and/or a GIAC certificate is a plus.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 22/08/2022