We are looking for a Small Missions System Engineer (E3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
Within the Future Missions and Instruments Division (EOP-8M), the Mission and System Studies Section (EOP-8MP) is responsible for the end-to-end preparation of EO missions through the appropriate engineering activities, working in close cooperation with other EOP teams. More specifically:
The Contractor will provide system engineering support as EO Mission System Engineer in the field of small satellites for EO application(s), in particular regarding the implementation of missions based on Cubesats and similar small platforms, for the following tasks:
- Support projects related to mission implementation (phase B/C/D/E1) for future F-sat(s) or for commercial/application-oriented EO missions under the ESA InCubed programme;
- Support the system level technology developments in projects under the InCubed programme, for the preparation of future related Calls and for risk retirement activities for small missions, e.g. Scouts, under maturation;
- Support the definition and monitoring of small missions under preparation through e.g. participation to reviews, assessment of industrial results, evaluation of proposals in reply to Calls, including functional analysis and design, overall system concept, system level budgets, system performance analyses.
According to needs, the Contractor will also provide system-engineering support as EO Mission System Engineer in the definition and monitoring of activities for the preparation of future ESA EO missions, in particular Earth Explorers missions, Opportunity missions, Scout missions, and Earth Watch missions.
The Contractor will also provide support work in the area of modelling of system or sub-system aspects and of end-to-end performance simulators and simulations.
Modis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Modis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Master’s degree in Engineering with relevant background and experience in space projects and associated technology developments.
- Good knowledge of CubeSats standard evolution and trend.
- Candidates should have several years of experience in the implementation of small satellites, ideally in the EO domain, including hands-on experience in manufacturing/procurement and environmental/acceptance tests.
- Ideally candidates should have experience in preparation (Phases 0 and A) of missions for Earth science and/or commercial/application-oriented EO missions.
- Knowledge of sensing techniques used in EO missions will be an asset.
- Knowledge of Matlab and STK or similar tools will be an asset.
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written).
- Teamwork orientation.
- Good communication and technical writing skills with ability to synthesize.
- Good organisational skills.
- Methodical and proactive, with ability to work autonomously.
- Problem-solving and creativity-oriented attitude, able to develop ideas into feasible concepts.
Please send your CV to email@example.com before 15/06/2021