We are looking for an SME Initiative Support (M3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
General tasks to be performed:
The support shall be provided to the SME Section, within the Commercialisation Department of the Directorate of Commercialisation, Industry & Procurement, and includes the following tasks:
- Supporting the Head of the SME Section in the implementation of the SME Initiative Programme activities;
- Performing SME related statistical and qualitative analyses based on available industrial and procurement data;
- Supporting the SME Office help-desk for SME inquiries and when necessary coordination with relevant internal services of the Agency;
- Contributing to the definition and organization of surveys relevant to the SME Policy;
- Supporting the preparation of files and/or data for discussion with ESA Member States’ delegations;
- Contributing to the operation and evolution of the “Learning Hub”, an on-line training platform for Industry and to the organisation of training courses and their delivery formats;
- Contributing to the operation and evolution of online platforms such as “esa-match”, the ESA on-line industrial matchmaking platform;
- Contributing to the communication activities of the SME Section;
- Organising and participating in communication and networking events with Industry and Delegations.
Modis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Modis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- The holder shall have successfully completed higher professional education at Master level in disciplines like engineering, economics, or business administration or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge and experience with the handling of statistical data, qualitative analyses and management of databases are an asset.
- The holder shall be operational with Microsoft Office software tools. Knowledge of other systems like Lotus Notes and SAP is a requirement.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23/09/2021