We are looking for a System and Concurrent Design Facility Engineer (E3) to join our Akkodis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
The postholder will support the section activities in the areas of Systems and Concurrent Engineering (CE).
In particular, the postholder will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
Support to Projects and Programmes
- Providing systems engineering support and consultancy to ESA projects, programmes and studies, throughout all the project phases;
- Supporting project reviews and evaluation of proposals;
- Developing and promoting digitalisation of systems engineering, model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and infusing them into projects;
Concurrent Engineering Activities in CDF
- Participating in feasibility studies conducted in the CDF, in the role of Systems Engineer and/or Team Leader;
- Developing and improving tools and methods for systems and concurrent engineering;
- Proposing, developing and encouraging new applications of the concurrent engineering approach, fostering multidisciplinary activities with an emphasis on innovative concepts, cutting-edge technologies and systems architectures;
R&D and Technology Development
- Contributing to the formulation and implementation of the ESA technology strategy, supporting the definition of work plans for R&D;
- Ensuring the promotion, coordination, follow-up and selection of technology activities;
- Defining, initiating and managing R&D activities within the ESA's technology programmes, covering both long- and short-term needs;
- Monitoring scientific and technological trends for systems and concurrent engineering and maintaining the corresponding state-of-the-art expertise;
- Contributing to the improvement of standardisation in systems and concurrent engineering, via ESA internal processes, lessons learned and liaising to ECSS;
- Contributing to promote systems and concurrent engineering across the Agency and to its partners;
- Contributing to the capture and dissemination of knowledge and lessons learned across the Agency;
Duties may also include supporting other activities requiring systems engineering skills.
Akkodis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Akkodis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Master degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering or Physics
- Solid background in spacecraft systems and space mission architecture design;
- Experience in systems engineering, mission analysis and design, design methodologies and system modelling;
- Experience in Concurrent engineering processes and related IT tools/infrastructure and application to mission feasibility studies
- Experience with Space project life-cycle, including mission/system conceptual design and trade-offs, requirements management, reviews, verification engineering;
- Knowlegde of Model Based System Engineering methodologies and tools
- Knowledge of the procurement process for technology developments (statements of work, proposal evaluation, management of industrial activities, including interfaces with industry, negotiations, reviews, etc)
- Knowledge of Space Engineering Standards
- Ability to work independently and to establish good working relations with ESA is essential.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 29/11/2022