We are looking for a Laboratory Technical Administration Technician to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
- Ensure the operational level of the laboratory.
- Ensure the periodic maintenance and calibration of laboratory instruments in accordance with scheduled testing activities. Prepare and implement yearly maintenance and calibration plans. Interact with third party suppliers.
- Track and check loan equipment
- Organize disposal of equipment when necessary.
- Monitor and maintain environmental and infrastructure conditions
- Support the laboratory quality management system. This includes:
o Support with the ISO17025 accreditation process in terms of preparing laboratory processes
o Support with maintenance of QMS related documents for the laboratory.
o Support with ISO17025 related management meetings.
- Support LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) implementation/utilization:
o Support the laboratory work-flow management (e.g. SharePoint, LIMS) as required by the QMS.
o Maintain equipment related parts of LIMS
o Sample handling: Ensure full traceability of sample locations from incoming inspection up to storage of samples.
o Maintain lists of laboratory equipment users.
o Support the keeping of facility/instrument records;
o Coordinate the cleanliness/contamination housekeeping records of the laboratory.
- Support the follow-up and close-out of Non Conformance Reports (internal NCTS system)
- Coordinate the initiation of procurement of consumables and general laboratory supplies.
o Order stocks of consumables and general laboratory supplies via ESA authorised portals.
o Support TEC-Q BCAM team for laboratory procurement (information gathering such as quotations, technical clarifications, and providing confirmation of received goods)
- Support NEN 3140 inspection campaigns in the laboratory
o Maintain inventory of electrical equipment in the laboratory and ensure that all equipment is compliant with the NEN 3140 electrical safety norm
- Support the implementation of new facilities in the laboratory from procurement process to final installation
- Prepare laboratory visits: requests for laboratory tours or other communication events. Support the maintainance of laboratory promotional material in various media
Modis Aerospace is a specialized Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing aerospace Engineers to our key partners in The Netherlands. Modis is a long-standing business partner of the European Space Agency (ESA), with more than 120 employees recruited from across Europe currently supporting ESA’s activities.
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries. The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) is the largest site and the technical heart of ESA. This nursery of European space activities is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands.
At ESTEC, about 2500 engineers, technicians and scientists work hands-on with mission design, spacecraft and space technology.
Almost all ESA projects - except launchers - are managed from ESTEC. In Noordwijk, people work on science missions, manned space missions, Earth observation, telecommunications and navigation satellites.
ESTEC provides extensive testing facilities to verify the proper operation of spacecraft, such as the Large Space Simulator (LSS), acoustic and electromagnetic testing bays, multi-axis vibration tables and the ESA Propulsion Laboratory (EPL).
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- 5 years or more experience is needed
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10/03/2020