This is an entry-level position. Your tasks would consist of:
- Performing routine laboratory operations (in a laboratory or plant) with direct daily supervision
- Making measurements, performing several routine quantitative and qualitative tests according to standard procedures
- Assist in writing experimental reports, summaries, protocols and appropriate documentation in lab notebook.
- Assisting the Microbiologists and Senior Technicians with Biocide Efficacy Studies and Routine Microbial Identifications.
- Data Entry into LIMS
- Performs routine and safety program checks and preventive maintenance on instruments.
- Routine Microbiology testing of water, pulp and paper and deposits using serial dilution, spread plate and pour plate techniques.
You would normally performs your work under direct supervision and receives frequent instruction. Additionally, you work on assignments and performs tests that are semi-routine, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Normally reports to a higher-level laboratory technician or the Laboratory Supervisor.
Modis is part of the Adecco Group and is the Professional Staffing/Consulting group and we have Consultants in our team who we second to clients. Currently it employs 500 consultants in the Netherlands and 20,000 worldwide. The focus of Modis Life Sciences is mainly in the direction of QA, QC, PV, RA, R&D and process profiles within an organization in the field of Biotech, Pharmaceutical industry and Food. We have Consultants working at EMA, Janssen, Sanquin, Astellas, Unilever, Corbion, MSD, Aspen and many more!
We have an exciting new job opportunity as a Laboratory Technician at our client in Leiden.
Functie-eisenYou are perfect for the job when you have roughly the following profile:
- Requires a secondary diploma or equivalent (MLO).
- Up to two years laboratory technician or closely related experience is preferred.
- An associate degree/coursework in a related field (e.g. lab technician programs, college coursework in science, technology, engineering or mathematics) may substitute for some experience.
If you wish to receive more information first, please contact the Modis Life Science team on firstname.lastname@example.org.