About the role
The mission of the compliance engineer is to have oversight and management of regulatory processes and requirements associated with Substances of Concern (SoC) and chemical regulation compliance for the automotive industry.
- monitoring and management all aspects of product regulatory SoC compliance for domestic and international markets
- oversight and support of SoC compliance within projects
- MDS (IMDS Material Data Sheet) checking and deviation management.
- proper storage of the Proof of Compliance Documentation and identification and closing of gaps.
The regulatory compliance engineer also have an oversight for the chemical management processes and requirements at local Volvo sites and aftermarket products, to ensure the efficiency and compliance with chemical regulations and Volvo Group requirements.
SoC compliance fulfilment are done on close collaboration with the Environmental Director, SoC Regulatory Affairs manager, technical project managers, design engineers, buyers and SQA´s.
It is included in the role to provide advice, support and training in SoC and chemical compliance matters in the course of business as well as support issuance and implementation of internal guidelines, programs and requirements.
Additional task is to support customer request related to SoC compliance, but also eco design and LCA studies on the products, together with our partners at IVL.
The position requires:
* Master of Science in chemistry or equivalent
* Good knowledge and experience of chemical regulations and processes for products, as REACH, RoHS2 etc.
* Experience of IMDS, or equivalent Substance Management system
* Good capacity to analyze/summarize regulations to focus on key issues
* Excellent communication skills
* Self-starting initiative, leadership, and follow-through to drive activities to completion (courage and integrity)
We are constantly striving to support our customers and consultants to become successful. As a consultant, you are our top priority and when you need us, we will be there for you. We will include you in our business and to our customers. You are our most important asset and for us to stay ahead you will take an active part in our business development and our offers to the market.
By becoming our colleague, your daily life as a consultant will be shifting with different assignments and projects in a variety of industries, systems and environments. Your experience will increase as well as your social and professional network. As a consultant, you are covered by collective agreements, insurance, occupational healthcare, healthcare and discounts on training cards. We believe in connecting people so having regularly social activities is key for us.
Modis delivers a wide range of services and competencies within IT, Engineering and Life Science. Our services are characterized by speed, simplicity and quality. Modis is represented in the United States, Canada, Europe with over 100 offices and with more than 30,000 colleagues on assignments each day.
Do you want to be a part of Modis or know more about what assignments that we can offer contact Business Manager, Jonna Persson, 073- 684 70 89, firstname.lastname@example.org