Modis Life Science is now looking for a research Scientist / Senior Research Scientist for a consultancy assignment at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg. The assignment will start in January and initially run for 12 months. As a consultant you will be hired by Modis. Send your application October 28th at latest.
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity
We are currently looking for a scientist with excellent laboratory skills to join the Bioscience COPD IPF Department within the Early Respiratory and Immunology R&D unit located in Gothenburg, Sweden. You will be joining one of 4 teams within the department that is currently supporting both early and late stage respiratory projects. The department is primarily tasked with developing new therapies to treat chronic respiratory diseases.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the team you will plan, optimise and execute in vitro experiments as well as support analysis from both in vitro and in vivo studies to progress our drug discovery projects and generate publishable scientific insights. You are expected to actively take part in scientific discussion to add valuable input in experiment design, data interpretation to drive projects and techniques.
This is a lab-based role where you will be involved in multiple ongoing projects with responsibility to perform experiments from various cells and tissues for both in vitro-, in vivo- and patient studies. We are looking for someone with broad experience in modern cell biology and molecular analysis techniques that rapidly can become an integrated project member and deliver key data.
• To be an effective team member in supporting drug discovery projects to meet their
- To conduct where appropriate in parallel more than one area of work to agreed
- Can contribute to writing peer-reviewed publications, abstracts and patents
- Responsible for ensuring that their scientific knowledge influences project progression
in accordance with portfolio priorities
• A PhD, or MSc with several years practical experience, in a relevant area of Bioscience.
- Relevant experimental experience in assay development, cell and molecular biology methods, culturing of cells, immunoassays, protein and RNA analysis.
- Good social and communication skills and to be a strong team player.
- Candidates should be able to work independently, take own initiatives and have a positive, goal oriented and problem solving attitude.
- Good organisational skills are required
- Good English is required, both spoken and in writing.
The following skills are desirable
• Experience in the isolation, culturing and analysis of primary cell cultures
- Experience in the use of biological dose response assays
- Experience in immunological methods (ELISA, MSD), protein analysis (western blot) and RNA analysis (qPCR)
- Experience in handling and evaluation of pharmacological drug substances